Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Learning Goals

Description:
Today we looked through our reports from last year. We identified a next step (goal) for reading, writing and maths. Here are my goals:


Maths: my next step is to learn all my times tables
To achieve this goal I will: keep on practicing. Skoolbo will help me to practise.


Reading:
My next step is to improve my vocabulary and understand of different words.
To achieve this goal I will: Use the clues in the text to figure out what the word could mean. I will also use a dictionary to check the meaning of new words.


Writing: is next step is to read his work back and edit his writing.
To achieve this goal I will:I need to do this with all my writing - book work, google docs & blogging.


We also looked at our STAR results.
  • Word recognition I got 9 out of 10.
  • Sentence comprehension I got 7 out of 10.
  • Paragraph comprehension I got 4 out of 15.
  • Vocabulary I got 7 out of 10.


I am going to focus on: Paragraph Comprehension


To improve in this area I will: Use the links on our class blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment